I got the idea for this title from a gif I received on Martin Luther King Jr Day from a friend. There was no sound, but the words followed the movement of his mouth. I’m Black and Beautiful, Yes! I’m Black, and I’m Proud of It!
She has no idea how that made my entire week, month, AND year. Starting my morning with this gif will carry me throughout the week as I continue to do this work, no matter how challenging or energetically draining it can be.
Reading the captions brought to mind a few conversations I have had over the past couple of months with friends and colleagues who experience the world through White bodies. Even though these conversations were similar, the awareness of the individuals was different.
Join me inside the episode to see if you can identify yourself on either side, mine or theirs, and what you can do about it if you find yourself in conversations like these in the future.
What You Learn:
- The importance of standing in your Blackness and having the tough conversations
- Some topics and responses to the difficult conversations in the workplace and how to navigate those
- Interesting results from a study done in 2021 by LeanIn.Org and McKinsey & Company
- Where to find me speaking in the upcoming months!
Featured on the Show:
- Click HERE to read LeanIn’s 2021 study: Women in the Workplace
- Check out my newsletter titled “Did You Know” on LinkedIn which covers Leadership and Personal Development Topics for Women, teaching you how to lead confidently and consciously using practical and spiritual concepts.
- Begin your healing journey by joining the Relationship Architect Academy and find the support you need today!
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Reach out to me on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with me
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!
As an Executive Coach for Women, Professional Speaker, Corporate Metaphysician™, Author of The 5 Phases of Dating – The Grown-Ass Woman’s Guide to Attracting and Maintaining Authentic Relationships, and the Creator of The Happy Executive Woman™…
Anita teaches women of color how to heal from past relationships and corporate trauma, increase their confidence and improve their leadership skills.
She is a board member of the Women Impact Network and Women In Technology, where she focuses on coordinating and creating professional development training for the members.
Anita also coaches White allies on how to ACTivate Your Privilege!™ and is hired to speak and train as The Corporate Metaphysician™ at organizations willing to begin reversing corporate America’s trauma by taking an honest look at their “unconscious DEI efforts,” all using practical and metaphysical concepts.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
Flourish Media Conference 2/17 - 2/18 Miami, Florida
Topic & Workshop: How To Heal From Workplace Trauma for Black and Brown Women
IREM Chapter Luncheon 3/30 Oak Brook, IL
Keynote Speaker; Conscious Transformative vs. Performative DEI Programs and How They Impact Your Employees