In 2010, the percentage of Black or African American Mental Health Counselors was 15.59%; in 2021, the rate dropped to 11.28%.**
Between 2019 and 2021, there was a decline in White mental health counselors, with the most significant reduction occurring in White men, from 40.14% in 2010 to 31.36% in 2021. That’s almost a 10-plus percent difference.
I can only speculate as to why that is as a Black woman, but I will wait for any sort of statistical reports before I share my opinion on that. Or maybe I’ll wait until another podcast episode… Who knows? But just know that I will cover this a little later.
So if 69% of counselors are women, yet the total percentage of all Black or African American counselors is 11.28% (in 2021), why didn’t I make it my business to get a traditional psychology doctorate?
Well, that’s a great question. Keep listening to find out…
See you inside the episode…
What You Learn:
- My journey and experience with traditional psychology and how I became the Corporate Metaphysician
- What a support team is and how beneficial it can be
- Some practices that go hand in hand with traditional psychology
- How I can help you curate the perfect support team for you
Featured on the Show:
- **Read Zippia’s Statistics on Mental Health Professional Demographics
- Check out my newsletter titled “Did You Know” on LinkedIn which covers Leadership and Personal Development Topics for Women, teaching you how to lead confidently and consciously using practical and spiritual concepts.
- Begin your healing journey by joining the Relationship Architect Academy and find the support you need today!
- Get on the Waitlist for my upcoming community for healing and supporting my Black and Brown sisters!
- Reach out to me on our Contact Page
- Learn more about how you can work directly with me
- Love the show? Leave a review of the show in Apple Podcasts (click the link to find out how).
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Find me on Facebook!
As an Executive Coach for Women, Professional Speaker, Corporate Metaphysician™, Author of The 5 Phases of Dating – The Grown-Ass Woman’s Guide to Attracting and Maintaining Authentic Relationships, and the Creator of The Happy Executive Woman™…
Anita teaches women of color how to heal from past relationships and corporate trauma, increase their confidence and improve their leadership skills.
She is a board member of the Women Impact Network and Women In Technology, where she focuses on coordinating and creating professional development training for the members.
Anita also coaches White allies on how to ACTivate Your Privilege!™ and is hired to speak and train as The Corporate Metaphysician™ at organizations willing to begin reversing corporate America’s trauma by taking an honest look at their “unconscious DEI efforts,” all using practical and metaphysical concepts.
Recently featured in…
For all coaching, media, or consulting inquiries, don't hesitate to contact Anita at https://anitacharlot.com/contact.
To learn more about how to partner with Anita, go to https://anitacharlot.com/services.
To join the waiting list for the upcoming For My Black and Brown Sisters monthly membership community, go to bit.ly/formyblackandbrownsisters.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
Flourish Media Conference 2/17 - 2/18 Miami, Florida
Topic & Workshop: How To Heal From Workplace Trauma for Black and Brown Women
IREM Chapter Luncheon 3/30 Oak Brook, IL
Keynote Speaker; Conscious Transformative vs. Performative DEI Programs and How They Impact Your Employees